Medical electrical equiment
EMC laboratory for electric medical equipment
This laboratory is able to perform electromagnetic compatibility tests on a wide range of devices. It is hard to find a device on which the safety and electromagnetic compatibility tests can not be performed. Limits and criteria for passing or failing each family of products are defined in the relevant standard for that family product. One of the most important standards exclusively for medical equipment is electromagnetic compatibility standard IEC 60601-1-2 which mainly discusses the following subjects:
• Immunity test against magnetic fields caused by power frequency on patient monitors and dentists’ units.
• Immunity test against radio frequency conducted disturbances on phacoemulsification machines
• Input current and flicker harmonics radiation tests on phacoemulsification machines
• Conducted radiation on patient monitors
• Burst and surge tests on children’s incubators